EngineerOffice — Training
At BQE we use a sophisticated web conference tool that allows us to train EngineerOffice clients via the World Wide Web.
All you need is a web browser and a telephone to join the conference call. You will see the instructor's desktop in your browser and be able to watch them demonstrate EngineerOffice functionality in a logical and efficient manner.
Classes are conducted privately one-on-one, online with the instructor, and are scheduled as frequently as necessary. In addition, onsite training and installation assistance can be purchased separately.
BQE offers an extensive list of specialized EngineerOffice training courses designed to meet individual users' needs. Each training course is conducted online using our sophisticated web conference center, classes focus on a specific area, and depending on the class, go into extensive detail. Attendees can participate and ask questions as they are shown "how to do it" and the "tips and techniques" involved.
Since the on-line training classes are personalized, the attendee can specify what topic areas they would like to cover. The following are some standard course topics that we recommend:
- Preferences Setup
- This training course focuses on how to set up ArchiOffice for your firm. This includes understanding all default settings and options in ArchiOffice including general system preferences (Company, Logos and Formats), user accounts and workgroups (Formats, Details, Time/Expense, Security, Sync, and Reports), contacts, projects (Submittals, Teams, Phases, Job Codes, Tasks, Milestones, RFPs, etc.), document management (Paths, Types and Templates), billing (Defaults, Integration and Tax), customization (reports and invoices) and web access.
- Project Setup
- This training course focuses on how to create projects from the Contacts or Projects screen (both internal and new projects from existing projects and template projects). It covers adding phases, job codes, team members, rates, contacts and other details such as different billing methods, establishing budgets for each phase, budget comparisons and profitability analysis. In addition, this course includes a detailed look at the project-related reports.
- Time & Expense
- This training course focuses on how to enter time and expense slips in ArchiOffice. It covers important settings related to time and expense entry, different entry methods, filters, time/expense review and analysis within the project profile. In addition, the course includes a detailed look at the available time and expense reports.
- This training course focuses on how to set up invoice options and perform billing functions in ArchiOffice. It covers billing methods, invoice format, payment terms, interest options, tax models, invoice generation, draft and final invoices, time and expense slips, transactions involving retainer deposits/payments/refunds/credits, etc. The training also includes some post-billing tasks such as actual vs. budgeted comparisons, project performance analysis and reporting.
- QuickBooks Integration
- This training course focuses on how to set up ArchiOffice accounting preferences and sync settings to properly integrate with the QuickBooks application. It covers the sync options for sending and getting data, assignment of G/L accounts to ArchiOffice service/expense items, etc. The training also includes matching existing data between the two databases and then verifying the synced data.
- Project Management
- This training course focuses on how to use ArchiOffice to manage your projects efficiently. It covers project setup (adding phases, job codes, team members, rates, and contacts), logs, documents, events, master checklists and tasks for all phases, milestones, billing options, budget comparisons and profitability analysis.
- Document Management
- This training course focuses on how to set up ArchiOffice document structure, preferences and templates. It includes creating, maintaining and modifying the ArchiOffice contact/project documents as well as your own templates in MS Word. The training also covers some reports related to documents.
Onsite training can be provided. Contact sales to inquire more about the cost and availability.